Adwerx, an Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies four-time honoree, is dedicated to helping businesses of any size achieve their digital marketing goals. Our innovative platform allows our customers to effortlessly deliver hyper-targeted advertising on social media, streaming TV and premium websites with the power of industry-leading, turnkey automation. We’re committed to creating the simplest solutions and best experiences, leaving a positive wake wherever we go. We also have an award-winning benefits package, were rated as one of the Triangle Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, and is headquartered in the heart of Durham, NC.
See how we’re disrupting digital marketing and why we’ve been awarded several best places to work awards.
About the Role:
As the first in-house legal counsel at Adwerx, you will have an opportunity to wear multiple hats and build out and streamline processes to support the legal needs of a rapidly scaling startup.
In this role, you will help prioritize and identify legal issues in the company’s upcoming initiatives, and work on contractual matters on behalf of the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the first point of contact for day-to-day legal operations and requests and provide counsel on a broad range of topics and legal issues including but not limited to: end-user contracts, vendor contracts, non-compete agreements, etc.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements: primarily enterprise SaaS sales contracts, vendor contracts, NDAs, and other documents as needed
- Be a thought partner, providing practical guidance related to data privacy, security, Intellectual Property and other business needs
- Identify the need for, and participate in the definition and development of policies, procedures and programs which address areas of risk and ensure compliance with the law
- Ensure the delivery of quality, timely and cost-efficient legal services and oversee the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and processes
- Develop and implement protocols, infrastructure and systems to manage legal matters
- Manage the Company’s contract management system
- Engage and oversee work of outside counsel
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with admission to a state bar
- 4+ years of law firm and/or in-house experience
- Knowledge of privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Experience with SpringCM a plus
- Able to convey strong and prompt communication while consistently adapting and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learning self-starter with an outstanding record and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Tactful yet decisive with strong internal and external negotiating skills
- Detail oriented, well-organized and technically adept
- Strong desire and ability to work cross-functionally with teams at all levels including People Operations, Senior Leadership, Marketing, and Sales.
About Our Benefits And Perks:
- Competitive salary and potential for equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options (100% of basic plan premiums paid by company)
- 401(k) plan with a company match of up to 4%
- Option to work 100% remote or from our Durham office when it opens back up
Inc. 5000 - 2017 (inc. 500), 2018, 2019, 2020
Inc. Best Places to Work- 2018, 2019
Triangle Business Journal Best Places to Work Award - 2019, 2020
Triangle Business Journal Fast 50 - 2017, 2019, 2020
Triangle Business Journal Innovation Awards- 2018 (Jed, our CEO)
NC Mid-Market Fast 40 Awards - 2018, 2019