As Adwerx continues to achieve significant growth, we seek a Controller to expand our Finance team. This position will be responsible for managerial reporting, budget management, defining and monitoring key metrics, sales and operations analysis and programs/systems/policies to support each.
This is a key, hands-on role where you will have broad scope and autonomy as you report directly to the CFO. You will touch many parts of the organization working closely with finance/accounting colleagues and partnering with Operations and Sales.
The Controller is responsible for the following:
- Budgeting infrastructure, monitoring/controls and variance analysis (monthly)
- Spending and P&L forecast accuracy
- Metrics and KPI definition and tracking
- Partner with Sales and Operations for reporting and tracking needs
- Sales Commission program management
- Working with People Ops regarding insurance & other corporate programs
- 5+ years of progressive experience and growth in Finance/FP&A/Controller positions (SaaS experience preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a start-up environment, hyper-growth preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing budget and building supporting processes and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with executive staff
- Experience implementing ERP and/or budgeting modules
- Sage and/or Sage Intacct a big plus!
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with financial planning systems and CRM (Salesforce a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with commission and bonus programs a plus
- Experience directly working with sales organization desirable
- Strong grasp of SaaS metrics including ARR, Magic #, subscription gross margins, CAC Payback, etc.
- A growth-mindset, you see change as opportunity and you’re passionate about working in a high-growth, fast-paced company while scaling processes. Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to structure ideas into actionable plans and you’ve demonstrated high levels of ownership of assigned tasks and independent initiative.
- Ability to think big but not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, CPA preferred.
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting principles a plus
At Adwerx, we are thinkers, learners, doers – and we are never afraid to fail, so long as it is forward. We expect that you will grow with us, and look forward to working with individuals that understand in order for a team to succeed, all members must be committed to coming together to work as a group. We will work hard, but we will have a lot of fun in the process!
#173 on Inc 500
#83 on the Entrepreneur 360
#42 on TBJ Fast 50
NC Tech Executive of the Year Nomination
Inman Innovator Award